Monday 21 December 2009

21 Dec 2009

I didn't sail or even hang about until the end of the 1st race, so the report will be a bit brief. A potential 6 boat turnout was reduced incrementally thus:

1) I thought it was too cold and no crews turned up to convince me otherwise. 5 boats.
2) Peter Wood couldn't get the cleats to unfreeze, even after spraying them with antifreeze. 4 boats.
3) Pete Badham and JR launched but then found the centreboard was frozen in the case. They sailed sideways for a while and then came back in. 3 boats.

So 3 boats raced, which made us the largest fleet out (at least in the morning). Martyn and Richard must presumably have won, being way out in front when I left. Gordon and Richard must presumably have needed medical attention after capsizing. I take my hat off to the lot of you.

Merry Christmas and see you on Boxing day (weather permitting), when I will again be needing a crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment